What I Watched in February

An overview of what I watched in February, the month I discovered '60s era caper flicks are my jam. 

Murderers Row (1966)

Ann-Margret is magnetic and Dean Martin's so cool in this movie. Definitely need to add this to my home movie collection soon!

Boys' Night Out (1962)


gif by me

Another movie I loved! It's fun and funny and the guys are all handsome, and Kim Novak's so fashionable, and those houses and apartments! Look for an 'Inside Boys Night Out' post as soon as this arrives from the TCM Shop!

Forsaking All Others (1939)


I mean, you couldn't just make Joan Crawford and Clark Gable get together right from the start, but I did enjoy this romantic comedy (I could've done without the spanking scene) and loved the ending. 

Keep Your Powder Dry (1945)


gif by me

I have to give Lana Turner props here, cause I would slapped Laraine Day much, much sooner. 

I'm No Angel (1933)

I mean...I just found Mae West's schtick tiring after *checks notes* 15 minutes? (This is the first Mae West movie I've ever seen, but I get the feeling she plays the same character every time?)

Hotel (1967)


gif by me

I'd love to stay at the St. Regis but I would've also liked an early check-out from this movie (it ran waaaay too long). 

Change of Habit (1969)

I could barely hear anything over how loud Elvis's sideburns were. In all seriousness though, I'd watch Mary Tyler Moore in anything. Plus, Lou Grant! 

Latin Lovers (1953)


Love Lana Turner. Don't love how she gives up her fortune to make a guy happy. Girl power!

Her Highness and the Bellboy (1945)


I thought this was charming, but I've enjoyed other royal stories more than this movie. 

13 Frightened Girls (1963)


gif by me

In the next life I'm coming back as a teen spy who lucks into her discoveries.

The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) 


Maurice Chevalier grates on my last nerve, but I do enjoy Claudette Colbert and Miriam Hopkins...

ALSO WATCHED: 

When Were You Born? (1938)
Mister Buddwing (1966) still have no clue what was going on... 
Merry Wives of Reno (1934)
Vagabond Lady (1935)
The Goose and the Gander (1935)
Ever Since Eve (1937)
Party Girl (1958)
The Student Prince (1954)  even for a musical there was too much singing...
That's Right - You're Wrong (1939)
Man Wanted (1932)
Beauty and the Boss (1932)

Comments