What I Watched in April

An overview of what I watched in April. 

Painting the Clouds with Sunshine (1951)


gif by me

Oh, I loved this charming musical about 'husband hunters' in Las Vegas. 

Forty Pounds of Trouble (1962)


gif by me

This was absolutely charming through and through thanks to Tony Curtis and Suzanne Pleshette, but also for the scenes in Disneyland! 

I Saw What You Did (1965)


gif by me

I wonder how many teens they scared out of making prank calls with this one.

They Won't Forget (1937)


gif by me

A pretty serious based-on-a-true-story film that still holds relevancy today. It's important for that alone but it's also Lana Turner's first on-screen appearance.

Touch of Evil (1958)


gif by me

This felt pretentious but maybe I wasn't in the mood for an Orson Welles movie when I turned it on. Will have to revisit. 

The Cabin in the Cotton (1932)


Cross this one off the bucket list: now I've seen the movie this oft-quoted line is from!

A Matter of Life and Death (1946)

Now every time I'm sick I'm going to wonder if I've somehow escaped death and that in 'heaven' they're holding a trial to determine whether I get to stay alive or come join them.

ALSO WATCHED: 

Life Begins (1932)
Madigan (1968) (the Wikipedia article for this has a section on 'Collaborative Clashes' that's a must-read)
This Sporting Life (1963)
Yes, My Darling Daughter (1939)
Janie Gets Married (1946)
Rollover (1981)

Comments

  1. I've seen several of these -- of the ones I haven't, I most want to check out I Saw What You Did. That one is going on my watchlist right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment