What I Watched in September

An overview of what I watched in September.

Darling Lili (1970)


gif by me

I support Julie Andrews in every performance, whether she's actively running from the Nazis or aiding the Germans in World War I. And Rock Hudson, too. 

Without Reservations (1946)


gif by me

If I had a nickel for every time Claudette Colbert has a romantic scene in a hayfield, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird it's happened twice. Don't spoil future movies for me, who knows how many nickels I'll have someday!

Champagne for Caesar (1950)


gif by me

This was honestly hilarious, I don't understand the reviews. I even liked Vincent Price and you all know I'm not the biggest Vincent Price fan!

The Wasp Woman (1959)


I enjoyed this more than The Fly but I'm not sure if that's saying much. 

The Secret Fury (1950)


gif by me

I really just wanted to fast forward to find out who was giving my dear, sweet Claudette Colbert such grief. Bastard.

I Cover the Waterfront (1933)

Meh, but yay for rare Claudette Colbert films!

Tugboat Annie (1933)


gif by me

I need to watch more Marie Dressler films, she was such a gem. 

Séance on a Wet Afternoon (1964)


gif by me

Jesus. Just...Jesus, what a premise. What a performance by Kim Stanley!

The High Cost of Loving (1958)


gif by me

My TV said this was a comedy, and this was decidedly not a comedy. But Jose Ferrer was great in this and I loved their house!

Three Came Back (1950)


gif by me

Poor Claudette. What a performance!

Comments

Post a Comment