What I Watched in March

An overview of what I watched in March.

Baby Face (1933)


I watched this with the rest of the CMBA on Twitter! The only thing I knew about this movie going in was how Barbara Stanwyck poured that hot drink all over that handsy gent's hand, so it was a pleasant surprise to find out this wasn't the story of a gangster's moll. I think I had it conflated with that James Cagney movie where he mashes the grapefruit into that woman's face? 

Anyways, this was enjoyable and I hope the CMBA teams up with TCMParty more often!

Living on Velvet (1935)


gif by me

As if I need an excuse to watch Kay Francis swan around in glamorous outfits! 

There Goes My Heart (1938)


gif by me

Screwy screwballs are my favourite!

Torchy Blane in Panama (1938)


gif by me

Give me Glenda Farrell as Torchy Blane or give me nothing.

Have a Heart (1934)


gif by me

This was surprisingly tender! I want this on DVD.

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974)


That ending scene is going to stay with me for a long time. Chills. 

ALSO WATCHED: 

High Time (1960)*
The Private Lives of Adam and Eve (1960)*
Pretty Poison (1968)*
Street Girl (1929)
Kept Husbands (1931)

*These movies were part of a blogathon post I did on Tuesday Weld. Read that here

Comments