THAT’S HOLLYWOOD FOR YOU BY SIDNEY SKOLSKY – OCTOBER 1958

Natalie Wood tells me it’s nice to be married to her favorite actor. And R.J. says it’s just as nice to be married to his favorite actress…

Of the many good old movies on TV, there’s big interest in former movie stars who are no longer acting. “What’s Luise Rainer doing these days?” I’ve been asked. Well, Luise, who’s been playing the channels in The Great Ziegfeld and Dramatic School, is the wife of book publisher Robert Knittel, and has a daughter, Francesca, age 14.

According to past performances, Deborah Kerr’s offscreen publicity should help her in the Oscar Derby…

I’d like to have a dollar for every person who stands in the footprints of the stars in the forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese Theater.

I prefer lavender to purple because it’s Kim Novak’s favorite color; and also because of that old song favorite, ‘The Purple People Eater’.

___

From the October 1958 Photoplay archives

Comments