Classic Hollywood Cooking: Rock Hudson's Chicken Casserole

I'm back with another Classic Hollywood Cooking post: this time I made Rock Hudson's Chicken Casserole!

I found the recipe on a classic celebrity recipe blog, and thought it sounded delicious:


Rock Hudson's Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of butter
1.5 tablespoons of flour
1 cup of chicken brother
1 cup of milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
2.5 cups of cooked chicken, diced
1 cup of cooked noodles (I used rotini)
1/3 cup of bread crumbs

Note: the recipe calls for paprika, which I didn't have, so I used other spices, for a 10 oz package of frozen peas, but I hate peas, so I substituted corn, and for 1 tbsp of sherry wine, which I didn't have, and I didn't use a substitute. 

Directions:

1. Melt half of the butter in a skillet on low heat, stir in flour until incorporated. Add the chicken broth and milk gradually while stirring, and seasoning (paprika, salt and pepper). Stir together until sauce thickens (about 10 minutes).

2. In another skillet, saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter (I added the corn at this step, and sautĆ©d the corn). Add to the cream sauce when finished. Also add the diced, cooked chicken and the cooked pasta noodles and stir together. 

3. Place in a greased casserole dish and cover with bread crumbs. Cook for 30 minutes at 350* F. You can add some more butter at this step, dotting it over the bread crumbs. 

4. Enjoy!

Rock Hudson All That Heaven Allows Photo Your Rock - LowGif


 

Comments