What I Watched in March

An overview of what I watched in March.

Arise, My Love (1940)

Imagine saving him from the executioner and then not immediately falling for a Ray Milland character. 

Madam Satan (1930)


gif by me

Man, I thought this was going to be just a little ditty about a scorned woman but then I watched it and now I think this might be my new favourite movie.*

Irma La Douce (1963)

Too long by half but the most shocking part, to me, is that her name is pronounced 'Ear-ma' and not 'Urr-ma'. I may need a few more days to process this. But beyond that, I love the pairing of Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine... though if I had to pick, The Apartment wins every time. 

Life With Father (1947)


gif by me

These homespun turn-of-the-century tales about how quaint life used to be just reinforces, for me, how glad I am that I didn't grow up during that era. Imagine if all there was to do was read dull books and pontificate over father going to Hell because he's not baptized. I would be bored to death and sent to a sanatorium in Switzerland and given vapours to cure my ennui. 

What's Up, Doc? (1972)

All I knew of this movie was the scene of Babs in the bathtub and honestly, I wish I'd kept it that way because I think I'm missing the chip where I find Peter Bogdanovich's work funny/entertaining? This was boring. 

Luv (1967)

Who'd believe in love after watching this farce? (It's good just weird.)

ALSO WATCHED:

Man-Proof (1938)
The Old Man and the Sea (1958)
I Remember Mama (1948)
The Perfect Furlough (1958)
The Pleasure of His Company (1961)
This Thing Called Love (1940)

* Just kidding! But it is pretty bonkers. 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading about your March discoveries; I recently saw What's Up, Doc? for the first time, too, recently. I wasn't bored, but I don't think I'll have to see it again. I actually thought a number of situations were pretty funny, but others just fell flat with me. And you're so right about Madam Satan being bonkers -- what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment