What I Watched in August

An overview of what I watched in August outside of Summer Under the Stars (you can see my thoughts on each movie using my Summer Under the Stars tag).

Rock-a-Bye Baby (1958)


gif by me

Oh, how I loved this! The story was fun, the acting didn't grate on me (rare for a Jerry Lewis performance!), and those sets! Holy smokes. Look for an Apartment Therapy post about them soon. I need to move into that house asap.

Pierrot le Fou (1965)


Capital-O Obsessed with this movie. The aesthetics, the scenery, the acting... I was watching this quite late at night and the ending threw me off, though. I had to rewind to confirm that "yep, he accidentally blew himself up!"

Breathless (1960)


I can't explain it, I just know that I became cooler after I (finally!) watched this... 

Sailor Beware (1951)


gif by me

Jerry Lewis's voice grates on my everloving nerves (controversial opinion?) but I'll sit through them for Dean Martin. Anyways, this was kinda meh for me until this late-game exchange:

Melvin: Why, I was fighting Gene Tierney once, and...
Al: Wait a minute! Don't you mean Gene Tunney?
Melvin: You fight who you want, I'll fight who I want!

Reader, the way I hooted!

Tony Rome (1967)


gif by me

Give everyone a spy spoof 1960s challenge!

Macao (1952)


gif by me

Watched this for the Robert Mitchum of it all. Was not disappointed.

ALSO WATCHED:

Reducing (1931)
The Man with a Cloak (1951)
The Secret Six (1931)
Hell's Angels (1930)
The Big Shakedown (1934)
Skyjacked (1972)
The Las Vegas Story (1952)
Scared Stiff (1953)
The Tattered Dress (1957)

Comments