What I Watched in September

I blame the dearth of films on the fact that I was on vacation for half the month, away from my beloved TCM. 
Operation Petticoat (1959)

Funny enough until they decided to torpedo with lingerie... 

That Funny Feeling (1965)


gif by me

Sandra Dee is such an interesting performer, but I have to admit that I didn't really care for this one. 

The Affairs of Dobie Gillis (1953)


gif by me

Another movie in my quest to see all of Debbie Reynolds's films... 

Dramatic School (1938)

gif by me

It's interesting to watch Luise Rainer in movies that aren't The Great Ziegfeld or The Good Earth, considering how short her film career was, and how that's the biggest bit of trivia about her (first actress to win back-to-back Oscars, left Hollywood shortly thereafter because what's next?). 

Get Yourself a College Girl (1964)


gif by me

Yawn. Give me the beach party movies with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon any day. 

Comments