What I Watched in January

An overview of what I watched in January. Big month for cad husbands, lemme tell ya.

For the Love of Mary (1948)


gif by me

I went into this with low expectations because (controversially?) I'm not much of a Deanna Durbin fan, but this was so charming! Would never happen in real life but so cute! I want this on DVD immediately. 

The Impossible Years (1968)


gif by me

The last-second plot twist was not for me, but overall I loved this '60s comedy. You can't go wrong when David Niven's involved, and look forward to The Impossible Years's interiors to be featured in a future Apartment Therapy post!

The Sterile Cuckoo (1969)


The concepts of nepo babies and dunking on them bores me (but there are terrible nepo babies out there, don't misunderstand me), but if we ever had to elect the best nepo baby, it's hands down Liza Minnelli.

Another Language (1933)


gif by me

Kept waiting for Robert Montgomery to stick it to his mother but it never came, but it was fun that he at least came to his senses at the literal last second. This movie belongs to Margaret Hamilton: it's her film debut! And Helen Hayes is always spectacular. 

Easy to Love (1934)


gif by me

Edward Everett Horton as a Sardine King? Sign me up!

Storm Center (1956)


gif by me

Heavy-handed, but that kid's father was annoying.

Annie Get Your Gun (1950)


gif by me

She can't count to 24, grew up in the woods, wants to prove she's inferior to no man...am I Annie Oakley? Also, I'm such a fan of Howard Keel but I'm terrified to look him up in case he was unsavory off-screen. Tell me in the comments what he's like! 

Idiot's Delight (1939)


If you gave me $1 to tell you what happened in this movie, I couldn't tell ya beyond Clark Gable dances... and I couldn't look away.

ALSO WATCHED:

You Belong to Me (1941)
Silver Skates (1942)
The Model and the Marriage Broker (1951)
Half Marriage (1929)
One Night of Love (1934)
Hold That Kiss (1938)
When the Boys Meet the Girls
(1965)
China Seas (1935)
Biography of a Bachelor Girl (1935)
Adventure in Baltimore (1949)

Comments