A Month of Ricardo Montalban

Another month in the books! 

via aintthatakick

Turns out I've seen more Ricardo Montalban movies than I realized! There were only a handful of truly new films for me, one of which is a Planet of the Apes sequel, which I'm saving because I need to watch the film that comes before it first.

Onward!

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

via evviejo

I have never seen a Star Trek before, so I can't comment on that aspect of it, but I did enjoy Ricardo in this. Will it turn me into a Trekkie? I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Saracen Blade (1954)

via IMDb

There's something about these mid-century sword-and-sandal or historical epics that just scratch an itch. This was too short and could have been campier, but it was still fun.

Let No Man Write My Epitaph (1960)

gif by me

I watched this with my mother, and she sat there completely riveted and as soon as it ended was like, "The acting was terrible." I didn't disagree with her; this felt like a combo after-school special, Lifetime movie, and melodramatic movie of the week rolled into one. 

Ricardo plays the drug dealer, but he's not really given anything to do but smirk and twirl his figurative moustache while everyone around him (including two-time Oscar winner Shelly Winters, Burl Ives (who I described to my mother as "Sam Snowman... he's got an Oscar, too"), and Moondoggie (James Darren). 

___

So there you have it!

October's Star of the Month: Myrna Loy! Love this for us! I've already combed through the schedule and there are so many films I need to see (and a few favourites I won't begrudge myself of rewatching!)

Comments