My Classic Movie New Year's Resolutions

I used to make New Year's Resolutions and was very good at achieving all or most of them, but then I stopped, for reasons I can't really remember, and it's something I'd like to get back into, now that the world's in total chaos and it's the perfect time to change habits and achieve goals. 

But before I get too introspective (the only resolution I can think of right now is to learn how to make the perfect French macaron), I want to focus on some movie resolutions. 


I've kept a running list of movie thoughts and goals in my head all year, and figured why not write them down as resolutions for the year ahead? 

My Classic Movie New Year's Resolutions

  1. I've only ever seen The Thin Man in that long-running series, so I need to watch the rest of them. I adore Myrna Loy and William Powell, both together and separately, so I'm not sure why I've dragged my heels on this one. 
  2. Finish out Doris Day's filmography. I only need to see 14 more movies to complete this goal.
  3. Learn the difference between Jeanne Crain and Jean Simmons; and Ann Sothern, Ann Rutherford, and Ann Blyth (by sourcing out their movies). If you offered me $1 million to positively ID all of them, I would (maybe) only correctly guess Ann Rutherford.
  4. Finish out the 'AFI 100 Years...100 Passions' list. I'm at 77/100.
  5. Start re-watching the movies that won Best Actress at the Oscars. It's been years since I've seen a lot of them, and I'd like to see if my initial thoughts have held up now that I'm more seriously interested in old movies. I used to keep a review area on my old blog, so I'd like to update my thoughts with a new review area here. 
  6. Watch at least 20 new-to-me movies during TCM's 31 Days of Oscar.
  7. Try a few old Hollywood recipes (I've found Natalie Wood's recipe for huevos rancheros, and I'm intrigued!).
  8. Watch five westerns. I hate westerns, but I want to give them a chance! 
  9. Watch all of the movies on TCM for a Star of the Month this year. Miriam Hopkins is an actress I'm starting to appreciate more and more, so one may be completed by the end of January!
  10. Watch more '60s comedies. 
Now to hold myself accountable. See you in a year's time where I'll hopefully be writing all about my successes and making new goals for 2022!

Comments