What I Watched in March

An overview of what I watched in March.

Night Watch (1973)

gif by me

If Doris Day's character in Midnight Lace had had enough and went on a revenge warpath, that movie would be Night Watch. I loved it.

Sail a Crooked Ship (1961)

gif by me

I've discovered Ernie Kovacs lately and have enjoyed him in every movie he's been in. I didn't have high hopes for Sail a Crooked Ship, but it was so much funnier than I was anticipating. 

The Solid Gold Cadillac (1956)

This felt kinda like, what if Billie Dawn from Born Yesterday tried to take over the shareholders and the company and got a solid gold Cadillac at the end of the movie? Which is not to say that this wasn't fun and Judy wasn't great! 

Divorce, American Style (1967)

A movie I watched in my quest to see all of Debbie Reynolds's films (from the '40s to the '70s, anyways). This was fun, but not really up there in terms of her other movies. 

Holiday for Lovers (1959)

gif by me

Yet another mid-century comedy about overbearing parents and worldly daughters that offer bright and fun locales (in this case, Brazil), but something about it works. Plus, Jane Wyman is always a treat. 

Follow That Dream (1962)

source unknown

Elvis really only made one, maybe two, good movies, didn't he? (Viva Las Vegas and Blue Hawaii. I will not be taking questions on this subject at this time.)

ALSO WATCHED (New-to-Me 31 Days of Oscars Movies): 

The Harvey Girls (1946)
Never On Sunday (1960)
The Dirty Dozen (1967)
The Defiant Ones (1958)
Little Women (1949)
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)
Viva Villa! (1934)
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966)
Travels With My Aunt (1972)
Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956)
Little Women (1933)
The Facts of Life (1960)

Find my thoughts on any film from 31 Days of Oscars here

Comments