What I Watched In June

An overview of what I watched in June.
I Live My Life (1935)


Gimme Joan's wardrobe and the complete opposite taste in men.

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947)


Old timey unrequited love stories are the death of me, why couldn't they have gotten together sooner!

Father's Little Dividend (1951)


A nice little sequel starring all the original greats, like Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor. 

Out of the Past (1947)


A noir that I've always been told I need to watch and now I've watched it.

Young at Heart (1954)


A movie I watched in my quest to watch all of Doris Day's movies!

By Love Possessed (1961)


gif by me

Give me a Lana Turner melodrama any day of the week!

This Could Be the Night (1957)


gif by me

This was fun!

Donovan's Reef (1963)


gif by me 

I'm not a fan of anyone in this movie except the state of Hawaii. 

Bridal Suite (1939)


gif by me

Robert Young starred in so many great comedies in the '30s and '40s. 

Marooned (1969)


This felt overly long and dry, but still interesting because of Gregory Peck (and it's nice to see someone I recognize from 'modern' times like Gene Hackman). 

Please Believe Me (1950)


gif by me

I think if you're in a love triangle with Peter Lawford, you have to pick him. Seems like it should be a rule...

ALSO WATCHED

Babes in Arms (1939)*
Presenting Lily Mars (1943)*
For Me and My Gal (1942)*
The Clock (1945)*
Brief Moment (1935)
Broadway Hostess (1935)
Night Spot (1938)
All Ashore! (1953)
Swing Hostess (1944)
The Lady Says No (1959)

*I'm covering all the Judy Garland movies I watched in a separate post, it's just going to bleed into July, so stand by for that post!

Comments

  1. Wow, that's a lot of movies! Were they all new to you? I saw This Could Be The Night (Neile was a delight!) and I Live My LIfe. What did you think of Out of the Past?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment