Inside the Kimball House (Send Me No Flowers)

So I've got a thing for Doris Day's interior design in her movies. Go figure! 


gif by me

Today let's look at the last house from her successful partnership with Rock Hudson. We've already covered Pillow Talk and Lover Come Back, and now it's time to look at the Kimball House from Send Me No Flowers


What's different with this Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie is that they start off married with a home in the suburbs. No lavish New York City apartments to gush over, just an awesome midcentury house. 

Here's a glimpse of the master bedroom, done up in my favourite colour, yellow


An impressive medicine cabinet for a hypochondriac (the premise of the movie is that Rock Hudson's character believes he's dying and tries to find a second husband for Doris Day). 


I remember my friend's grandparents owning a furniture set like that. Those chairs were so comfy. 


I want a writing desk. 


The front door. 


The backyard area. It's no lanai from Golden Girls but it gets the job done. 




The dining room. 


The kitchen done up in accented yellow. 



The Kimballs are Coke drinkers, if you were curious. Infer what you will! 


I love the pantry. 


His and hers dressing areas. 



The living room. 


Out in the backyard again. 


Another glimpse of the main bedroom. 



The entryway.


Another look at the living room from a new angle.


A better look at the hers dressing room. 


And vanity. 


Back into the bedroom. My parents had a recliner a similar colour to that chair behind her.


A better look at the living room. 

__

Comments