Classic Hollywood Cooking: Eva Marie Saint's Pizza Hamburgers

I found an Old Hollywood recipe that really matched all of my interests: pizza and hamburgers!


This is the recipe for Eva Marie Saint's Pizza Hamburgers, found on Classic Celebrity Recipes. 

Ingredients

Ground beef
1/2 cup of pizza sauce
1/4 cup of tomato sauce
Oregano (I used a few shakes of my spice jar)
Basil (I used a few shakes of my spice jar)
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese (I used Tex Mex)
Hamburger buns
Butter

Directions

Brown the ground beef (I added onions for some extra flavour). Once browned, drain the grease and add the pizza sauce, tomato sauce, and seasonings. Cook on low for about 10 minutes to let the sauce thicken. 

Meanwhile, spread butter on the hamburger buns and put in a toaster oven to broil. Once the buns are toasted, remove and add pizza sauce and cheese; return to toaster oven to melt the cheese. 

Add the hamburger mixture to buns and enjoy!



photo by me

This is so easy to make and so delicious, I'll definitely be adding it into my regular rotation!

(In the background you can just see my pan of Katharine Hepburn brownies, which is one of my favourite desserts!)

Comments