What I Watched in September

An overview of what I watched in September. 

(Let's just say in my other life I'm a freelancer in a niche news industry and perhaps the most majorly historical event that could ever occur occurred on September 8th and it precluded me from much of my classic movie involvement this month.)

Also, how did I manage to watch three Dick Powell movies this month?!

Employees Entrance (1933) 


Could I love Loretta Young any more if I tried? Probably not. She's the highlight of Employees Entrance for me. 

Almost a Bride (1949)


gif by me

If a David Niven-type ever wants to pretend to be engaged to me just to mess with a lawyer, I'm totally down. Leave a comment below! Also, stealing the 'I've suddenly been struck by amnesia' excuse next time I don't want to explain myself; thanks Shirley Temple!

Change of Heart (1934)


gif by me

It's so fascinating to see the changes in Ginger Rogers's career; starting off as the sassy and bitchy friend or other woman to the everywoman to the legendary dancer and comedienne. She doesn't get her due.

20 Million Sweethearts (1934)


gif by me

I sat through a Dick Powell movie, that's how much I love Ginger Rogers. 

The Nutty Professor (1963)

Confession? Jerry Lewis without Dean Martin is funny, sure (The Ladies Man is one probably my favourite of his solo endeavours) but he needed the cool, straight man that Dean provided him. Also Buddy Love was an ass. 

Seconds (1966)

The lengths I go to for Rock Hudson, I tell ya... 

Fireball 500 (1966)


gif by me

Methinks Annette and Frankie (together, that is) shoulda stuck to the beach. 

ALSO WATCHED: 

It's in the Bag (1945)
Make Your Own Bed (1944)
Cocktail Hour (1933)
The Longest Night (1936)
Love in the Rough (1930)
Going Places (1938)
Looking Forward (1933)

Comments