How I'd React if I Were a Character in an Audrey Hepburn Movie

I'm back playing a new favourite game, how would I react in the films of a particular actress! 

Today I'm speculating how I'd react if I were dropped into any one of Audrey Hepburn's many glamorous films. I'll say it here to save the space: just assume that in any of these films, I'm keeping the glam wardrobe!

Onwards!

Roman Holiday (1953)

I would love being a princess, so it would be very easy to inhibit this world. Would also love spending the day in Rome with someone who looks like Gregory Peck, so that's a win (if you're out there, let me know!).  

Sabrina (1954)

I'd pick neither brother and just stay in Paris, honestly. You mean to tell me you gave up a chic Parisian apartment, Givenchy couture at your fingertips and a career as a chef just to come home and marry Humphrey Bogart? No thanks, not for me.

Funny Face (1957)

Free trip to Paris and all I have to do is wear couture, pose for photos and not wax philosophic about philosophy? I can do that, and not fall in love with an older (older) fashion photographer at the same time.  

Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)

I mean, for starters, I'd never move out of that apartment. Hello, imagine stumbling upon a place like that and getting to keep it thanks to rent control? Other than that, aside from being a girl you give money 'for trips to the powder room', I'd also stroll around Tiffany's. When I went to Toronto a few years ago, that was the only absolute on my list. 

Charade (1963)

Honestly, I would've thrown out that envelope with the valuable stamp on it without a second thought, so I guess the goons would've had to murder me. I'd have been of no help trying to figure out where my dead husband hid the money. Also probably would've just been like "When you figure out your name, look me up, I'm in the phone book," to Cary Grant's character.

This, however, is so something I would say in real life (because I aspire to be a recluse): 

Paris - When It Sizzles (1964)

Would've come up with a better idea than the fact that William Holden's a werewolf/vampire/spy or whatever he ends up being in the end and that I'm going on a date with Tony Curtis, that's for sure. 

How To Steal a Million (1966)

First of all, the anxiety I'd have day in and day out about being involved in an underworld art scheme would gnaw away at me until I was shut up in a Swiss retreat somewhere, so there's that. But then if a Peter O'Toole-looking roué shows up at my stately home and constantly wants to be around me, I can't imagine myself fussing too much over that. 

___

How would you react in one of Audrey's movies? Let me know in the comments!

Comments