THE MOVIES I CAN'T DELETE FROM MY DVR: PART III

I'm rather enjoying this tradition of recapping the movies I added to my DVR over the year and now can't bear to delete (until I own them in physical media form, at least). Here's Part I and Part II.

Give a Girl a Break (1953)

A bright sunshine-y musical starring Debbie Reynolds? Sign me up!

It Started With a Kiss (1959)


gif by me

Fun plot, foreign locale, Debbie Reynolds? Sign me up!

Come Fly With Me (1963)


gif by me

Jet set travel and '60s fun...this movie was made for me!

Rich, Young and Pretty (1951)


gif by me

This is a very charming Jane Powell musical set in Paris with catchy songs, fun costumes and a lovely little story. I love re-watching this. 

The Horizontal Lieutenant (1962)


gif by me

If Paula Prentiss and Jim Hutton did nothing but make movies together I wouldn't complain. I love their chemistry, and I love the Hawaiian locale. 

Midnight (1939)

I pretty much just want to be Claudette Colbert at this point. 

Dear Ruth (1947)


gif by me

Oh this is so sweet! William Holden plays a soldier who's been writing to a penpal, only it turns out he's been writing to the woman's kid sister. When he comes to visit, they go along with the ruse as their part in the war effort, but...I won't spoil the end, suffice it to say I literally squealed watching this the first time. 

The Girl Most Likely (1957)


gif by me

Another fun Jane Powell musical, this time a remake of the Ginger Rogers flick Tom, Dick and Harry that's fun with a mid-century update and the addition of Cliff Robertson. 

Comments