What I Watched in February

An overview of what I watched in February. 

Maisie (1939)


gif by me

There was a Maisie marathon on the other Monday and I sat through them all and let's just say, I stan Ann Sothern and this wacky showgirl. 

Messalina (1960)


gif by me

I'd never heard of Messalina before but this was intriguing. I'm all for women in power. Also, the cheekbones on Belinda Lee! She was very striking. 

Up Goes Maisie (1946)


gif by me

This Maisie movie is just...she ends up flying a primitive helicopter! 

Live, Love and Learn (1937)


gif by me

I'm always down to clown with Roz Russell. Always. I'm also always down to watch rich snooty people get their comeuppance in the end, so double bonus! 

Kiss the Blood Off My Hands (1948)

Surprisingly tender but I can't image, under any circumstances, where I let a man break into my apartment, spend the night, and help him evade police. 

You Gotta Stay Happy (1948)

This fun Joan Fontaine comedy(! I know, I'm just as shocked as you are) was immediately added to my 'must own in physical form' list.

Maisie Was a Lady (1941)


gif by me

This might be my second favourite of the Maisie movies, behind the first one. I'm of the mind that the first one was perfect (but that's probably skewed because I just really, really adore Robert Young).

ALSO WATCHED: 

The Second Time Around (1961)
Counterpoint (1968)
Where the Spies Are (1965)
Gold Rush Maisie (1940)
Ringside Maisie (1941)
Maisie Gets Her Man (1942)
Swing Shift Maisie (1943)
Maisie Goes to Reno (1944)

Comments