My 2024 Classic Movie New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Years!

My New Year's Resolutions last year were manageable, there were what, five? And they opened me up to new genres and new actors, so I'd call it a win. This year, since I know I'm going to be busy, I'm not going to make any large ones, instead, I'm focusing on fun or oddly specific. 

My 2024 Classic Movie New Year's Resolutions:

1. Watch more Catherine Deneuve movies

I really enjoyed The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and The Young Girls of Rochefort, so it's time to explore more of her French films. 

2. Watch Undercover Maisie (1947)

TCM aired an entire marathon of Maisie movies one day last year, which I dutifully sat down and watched... only to find out they didn't air the last Maisie movie: Undercover Maisie. Needless to say, I need to finish the franchise. 

3. Watch all of Jane Powell's movies

I've got five left. I'm really reaching for the stars with this one!

4. Finish Jean Harlow's filmography

I've got eight films left!

5. Cook more Old Hollywood recipes

Or, y'know, make cocktails based on old movies, whatever floats my boat. I'd like to do this monthly, but we'll see! There are a bunch of sites I can pull recipes from, like Hollywood Kitchen and Classic Celebrity Recipes, but if you have recommendations, I'm always happy to hear them in the comments!

6. Watch a classic movie for every year between 1920-2000

I had so much fun finding new films for this challenge in 2023, so for 2024, let's kick it up a notch. There were quite a few old Hollywood actors working into the '90s, so let's see if I can watch one movie per year from 1920-2000. For the later decades, it has to be an actor who began working in the '60s at the latest. 

Comments