What I Watched in February

An overview of what I watched in February.

Airport '77 (1977)


gif by me

Guys, I think my new celebrity crush is Jack Lemmon in Airport '77... 

The China Syndrome (1979)


gif by me

Guys, I think my new celebrity crush is Jack Lemmon in The China Syndrome... 

The Unfinished Dance (1947)

I am obsessed with this movie. Normally Margaret O'Brien's weepy, shaky melodrama isn't for me, but this was such a captivating drama, and if I'm being totally honest, it's Cyd Charisse and Karin Booth and those stunning dance sequences that have sold me on this. A definite must-own-in-physical-format if ever there was one!

Flower Drum Song (1961)

I really enjoyed this! And I loved the 'I Enjoy Being a Girl' song so much!

The Sky's the Limit (1943)

Controversial take incoming: I'm not always a Fred fan sans Ginger, but the dance routines in this were perfectly charming!

The Girl From Jones Beach (1949)


gif by me

I can't take Ronald Reagan seriously as an actor (and I'm getting the sense that was a prevailing attitude?) but this was fun enough.

Somewhere I'll Find You (1942)


gif by me

This movie felt, in equal parts, both 20 minutes long and 5,000 minutes long. To say nothing of Clark and Lana, who are both phenomenal here!

Any Number Can Play (1949)


gif by me

This was surprisingly heartwarming. 

Atlantis, The Lost Continent (1961)


gif by me

There wasn't a single second of this that wasn't corny, cheesy, and downright terrible. I loved every minute of it.

Colleen (1936)


gif by me

The beauty of these Ruby Keeler or Joan Blondell or who have you movies that feature Dick Powell is that someday real soon there aren't going to be any left to watch and then I won't ever have to watch a Dick Powell movie ever again.

The Train Robbers (1973)


gif by me

There's a delightful twist at the end, if you need an incentive. Ann-Margret should be enough. Hell, even Rod Taylor is enough for me! 

Camelot (1967)


I can't imagine ever wanting to sit through this again, unless somehow I time travel back to the early '60s and see it on Broadway with Richard Burton and Julie Andrews. But if you'd like to have a fun reading experience, might I suggest this movie's IMDb trivia page?

Black Narcissus (1947)

I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. Deborah Kerr was amazing as usual, though!

The Last Metro (1980)


gif by me

There's something magnetic about Catherine Deneuve. I'm going to enjoy this New Year's resolution to watch more of her films. 

ALSO WATCHED: 

Why Be Good? (1929)
Should Ladies Behave (1933)
Comrade X (1940)
West Point (1927)
Atlas (1961)
The Colossus of Rhodes (1961)
The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)
The Merry Widow (1934)
Bachelor Flat (1962)*
Rock! Rock! Rock! (1956)*
Rally 'round the Flag, Boys! (1958)*
Cleopatra (1912)
Grumpier Old Men (1995)
Ginger and Fred (1986)

*These movies were part of a blogathon post I did on Tuesday Weld. Read that here

Comments