Should I Watch THE TENDER TRAP or HIGH SOCIETY?

I'm a relative newcomer to Frank Sinatra's movies: I'd only seen From Here to Eternity and High Society until recently. I still haven't seen any of his Rat Pack ouevre, or anything from his later career, it's mostly been mid-century musicals. 

And I have to say that The Tender Trap is probably my favourite Frank Sinatra movie aside from High Society, and I noticed that these two films share some similarities, so today I've put together a handy guide on which one to watch!


via tumblr, source unknown


This is my entry for the first ever Frank Sinatra Blogathon hosted by KN Winiarski Writes. Make sure to click through and read all the entries over the coming days!

What's the plot of The Tender Trap? 
"A swinging bachelor finds love when he meets a girl immune to his line."

What's the plot of High Society? 
"With socialite Tracy Lord about to remarry, her ex-husband - with the help of a sympathetic reporter - has 48 hours to convince her that she really still loves him."

Who does Frank Sinatra play in The Tender Trap? 


via tumblr, source unknown

Charlie, a talent agent in New York.

Who does Frank Sinatra play in High Society? 


via tumblr, source unknown

Mike, a reporter for Spy magazine in Philadelphia. 

Who's his love interest in The Tender Trap?


gif by me

Julie Gillis, a young ingenue who wants to make it on Broadway, but only on her own timeline: she's got strict plans to give it all up to become a wife and mother within the next four months. 

Who's his love interest in High Society? 


via tumblr, source unknown

Tracy Lord, a spoiled heiress about to marry her second husband in high society style when Frank Sinatra shows up to throw her life into a tailspin. 

Does he have a signature song in The Tender Trap?


He does: the aptly named 'The Tender Trap'. It was nominated for an Oscar. 

Does he have a signature song in High Society? 


He does: the appropriately named 'You're Sensational.' 

Is Celeste Holm involved somehow in The Tender Trap? 


gif by me

She sure is! She's Sylvia, a violinist who appears on television and is in love with him. 

Is Celeste Holm involved somehow in High Society? 

via tumblr, source unknown

She sure is! She's Elizabeth, a photographer with Spy magazine and is in love with him. 

Is there awkward dancing in The Tender Trap? 


gif by me

Most definitely! 

Is there awkward dancing in High Society


via tumblr, source unknown

Most definitely!

Does The Tender Trap end with a wedding? 


gif by me

It does!

Does High Society end with a wedding? 


It does!

Does Frank Sinatra end up with the right woman in The Tender Trap? 


gif by me

Yes!

Does Frank Sinatra end up with the right woman in High Society? 


via tumblr, source unknown

Yes!

___

So...which one will you watch? Which one do you prefer? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. Do we have to choose? Haha. I love both of these movies, but for me, High Society edges out Tender Trap. I think it's because Frank and Bing sing together!

    I enjoy watching both though!
    Thank you for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment