Classic Hollywood Cooking: Cyd Charisse Salad

I'm back with another tried-and-true classic Hollywood recipe: Cyd Charisse Salad!


I saw this recipe on a Classic Hollywood recipe blog, and coupled with an old photo of the MGM Commissary menu from the '50s and '60s that offered up Cyd Charisse Salad (full menu here), I thought, why not. If it was good enough for Cyd then surely it'd be good enough for me. 


I'm happy to report back that this is quite good (although my legs aren't on par with Cyd's). 

Cyd Charisse Salad

Ingredients

1 cup of cottage cheese
1 stalk of celery, chopped (the recipe called for 'shaved celery' but I just chopped it)
1 cup of lettuce, shredded
1 tomato, quartered (I used cherry tomatoes cut up)
2 tablespoons of sour cream
Melba toast (I used croutons)
Dash of chives
Dash of pepper

Directions

Lay lettuce on plate. 
Mix the celery and cottage cheese, place on top of lettuce.
Mix the tomato and sour cream, place on top of the celery mixture. 
Sprinkle chives and pepper on top of salad. 
Place Melba toast around the salad. I used croutons instead. 

Enjoy!


Comments