The Doris Day Soundtrack

 A staple of a great Doris Day film? A title track sung by Doris. 

They get stuck in my head and I'm nearly always humming along to at least one of her many songs, so I thought I'd build a little soundtrack for you on this Saturday morning! 


via weheartit, source private/unknown

This post is a part of the Fifth Annual Doris Day Blogathon hosted by Love Letters to Old Hollywood. Click the link to read the other entries over the weekend!

PILLOW TALK


I have belted out this title song in the car more times than I can count. It's so easily stuck in my head that I'm humming it now as I type this. 

SEND ME NO FLOWERS


One of my favourite Doris Day/Rock Hudson movies, this song is always in my head as well. It's so easy to build up your singing as you go along until you're belting it out like Doris at the end. Favourite lyric? "Call me up and say that you're on your way/ Til you're back how lonely I'll be..." which inevitably builds up into the final part of the song. 

THE GLASS BOTTOM BOAT


"All aboard, all board on the glass bottom boat. It's the greatest show that was ever afloat..." 

MOVE OVER DARLING

A fun movie, a fun song to sing along to. 

PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES


This one's easy to start singing along to because it's sung in a round and you'll have 'Please, please don't eat the daisies, don't eat the daisies, please, please..." in your head. I worked at a clothing store (for older women) while I was in university and the summer collection was based off of Doris Day and it was titled 'Please Don't Eat the Daisies', so I have a special affinity for this movie and this song. 

QUE SERA SERA

Come on, of course I was going to include this one. It's iconic. 

Comments

  1. Fun post! "Pillow Talk" is the ultimate earworm. The first time I saw the movie and that music began over the Universal logo, I was in love. "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" often gets stuck in my head, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These songs are all so singable! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment