What I Watched in March

An overview of what I watched in March, a light movie-watching month. All the Doris Day movies watched while she was Star of the Month will be reviewed separately!

Du Barry Was a Lady (1943)


I love Lucy. Such a great sense of comedic timing; and Gene Kelly wasn't too bad here either. 

The Sheepman (1958)


I'm afraid not even Shirley MacLaine could save my interest in this story about a...sheepman versus a cattleman. 

Irene (1940)


A charming Irish Cinderella story made better by the appearance of Ray Milland as the (successful) suitor. When in doubt, always choose Ray Milland. 

Tight Spot (1955)


via Pinterest, source unknown

As much as I love Ginger the comedienne, she such a great dramatic actress as well. The only thing I hated about Tight Spot was her hairstyle. 

ALSO WATCHED: 

Going Steady (1958) - The thought that this was at least a little bit representational of teenage life in the 1950s is a sad one. Sometimes I'm glad I was born in a later generation. 

Comments