The Movies I Can't Bear to Delete from My DVR: Part IV

I'm back for another edition of my annual list of movies I added to my DVR over the year and now can't bear to delete (until I own them in physical media form, at least). Here's Part IPart II and Part III.

Traveling Saleslady (1935)


gif by me

When I read the premise for this on Joan Blondell's day for Summer Under the Stars, I made sure that if nothing else, I had this one DVR'd. I mean, just listen to this: "A toothpaste tycoon's daughter joins his rival to teach him a lesson." 

She makes toothpastes that taste like cocktails! It's Joan Blondell! What's not to love?!

Come September (1961)

One of my favourites for years but I don't own it in physical media form yet, so I've been biding my time for it to pop up on the TCM schedule. This year was my year!

Painting the Clouds with Sunshine (1951)


gif by me

Filed under: Films I'd never heard of until I saw them on the TCM schedule. I'm glad I watched this one, it's cute!

Looking For Love (1964)


gif by me

Look, nobody's ever gonna call this a good one but my tastes can be out there. 

Gold Diggers of 1933 (1933)

I can't believe I'd never seen this before! But now that I have, instant favourite (Dick Powell aside). 

I also thought it would be fun to scroll back through the past lists to see which ones I've taken off my DVR, so here you go. I now own these past films in physical media form:

  • That Touch of Mink (1962)
  • Seven Sweethearts (1942)
  • Bundle of Joy (1956)
  • Duchess of Idaho (1950)
  • Lovely to Look At (1952)
  • Rich, Young and Pretty (1951)
  • The Girl Most Likely (1957)
What's on your DVR that you can't bear to delete? Let me know in the comments!

Comments