Summer Under the Stars: Jack Lemmon

Star of the Day: Jack Lemmon

How to Murder Your Wife (1965): "A dedicated bachelor drunkenly marries a young woman and immediately lives to regret it."

gif by me

Oh, how I love a Jack Lemmon movie. How I love Jack Lemmon. He's great at playing the straight man, he's great in dramas, he's great when he gets to be goofy, and he gets to do all three in How to Murder Your Wife

This is another fun '60s comedy where the plot doesn't totally make sense and there's a lot of winking at the viewer, but when Jack's cartoonist fakes murdering his wife and then gets tried for it, that's a premise I'm going to love. Didn't love the misogynistic take that gets him acquited of murder, but you can't win 'em all.

Jack starred in so many of my favourite films of the era: The Apartment, It Happened to Jane, Irma la Douce, The Great Race, Pffft, It Should Happen to You. Any chance to watch the ones I'm missing, I'll take. I also have The Out-of-Towners saved on my DVR to watch.

___

Log line from IMDb

Comments