Summer Under the Stars: George Hamilton
Star of the Day: George Hamilton
The Power (1968): "One by one members of a special project team are being killed by telekinesis - the ability to move things with the power of the mind alone. The race is to determine which of the remaining team members is the murderer and how to stop them."
![]() |
| gif by me |
I've mentioned before that George Hamilton always gave me the heebie-jeebies as a kid due to the tan and the smile, so I wasn't really looking forward to his Summer Under the Stars day. Also, despite being in some of my favourite movies (Light in the Piazza, Where the Boys Are, and Jack of Diamonds), he's not the reason I enjoyed them so much.
In fact, I chose The Power because I saw Suzanne Pleshette was in the credits and I adore her. That, and I do love a bonkers movie premise. The Power is all about a group of scientists being murdered because one of them has superhuman powers of telekensis and is murdering the rest off. George Hamilton is the head of the comittee and suspect number one. Suzanne is, sadly for women's roles of the time, both a scientist and a love interest. Ever so elegant.
___
Log line from IMDb


Comments
Post a Comment