THAT’S HOLLYWOOD FOR YOU BY SIDNEY SKOLSKY – AUGUST 1958
Shelley Winters said a mouthful when she said, “I get carried away with the sound of my own mouth.”
The thing that bothers Jayne Mansfield most about her acting career is that it seems to involve so little acting.
I was told Sinatra plays his own records when he’s romancing a doll.
If Kim Novak had her way, all dollar bills would be
lavender.
I’d like to introduce you to Mike Nichols and Elaine May.
They’re the best of the new comedians on TV. Tune them in when they’re
guesting. Next season they’ll have their own program…
Alec Guinness looks more like Oscar than any actor who won
an Oscar.
Joan Collins told me “Those men who marry an actress and
expect her to behave like a school teacher should marry a school teacher.”
I believe Lana Turner’s box office appeal depends on how
good her movies are.
At a recent party I was chatting with David Niven when a man
interrupted and said, “Pardon me, Mr. Niven, I hope you won’t object to my
telling you how much I enjoy your performances, how great you are.” “Not at
all,” replied Dave, “I’m a glutton for praise.”
___
From the August 1958 Photoplay archives
Comments
Post a Comment