Inside Paradise (Bachelor in Paradise)

The first time I ever watched Bachelor in Paradise (which was only July, but feels like years ago thanks to the fluid concept of time nowadays), I was immediately obsessed with its suburbs.

Totally obsessed. I love mid-century modern architecture and decor (I have so many glasses and tumblrs and kitchenware accessories from that time period). My dream house would be a ranch-style mid-century modern home just like Lana Turner's in this film. 

So, with that in mind. Let's look closer at Lana Turner's house in Paradise!

A gorgeous and sunny exterior. Like any good mid-century modern house, it's minimalist, it's angular, and it features the stone wall detailing at the front of the house (to mimic nature).


The colour is California Coral, by the way. 


Inside, it's a gray living room area, with a tiny dining room in front of the picture window. There's a sleek grey couch and coffee table, a fireplace, and I love the dog statue sitting next to it!


Another view of the living room area. Bob Hope asks if the place was designed with Disneyland in mind. The accented throw pillows brighten up the space. 


The back doors slide open to a patio area that already looks very cozy. 


And behind the wood paneling in the living room, Lana has her television stored. Was that a big screen TV by the standards of the time? I love that the door handles are shaped like llamas.


And it's also where she keeps her bar. Very bright!


A peek into the dining area, with colourful prints on the wall and red highback dining room chairs just visible. 


Another view of the fireplace as Lana walks to the main bedroom. 


Her vanity table and mirror. 


Her bedroom is painted in shades of blue. I love that each closet door is a different shade, and that the lamp hangs down from the ceiling. I'm also a sucker for old radios, and I love that one on the nightstand! 


There's a panel behind the bed that extends to the ceiling, and Bob can walk behind it. The windows are on the wall where the bed is, but the curtains are drawn. 


After Lana leaves, Bob spots Paula Prentiss in the kitchen. Kitschy curtains!


Wooden cupboard doors, a slate blue wall-hanging telephone. A flour, coffee and sugar cannister set in, what appears to be, olive green. This reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen. 


Bob in bed. Just sharing for another glimpse of that clock radio. 


Set up for work in the dining room area. He matches his surroundings very well!


The washer and dryer are in the kitchen (which seems like an odd set-up to me, but then, we had a basement in our house).


Another view of the bar!


This is another part of the living room, on the wall perpendicular to the bar. I think I have that telephone (though in a different shade)!


The patio and backyard in use.

And another view of the backyard. Lana's fence is California Coral as well. 

Bonus! A peek inside a mid-century grocery store:








At our grocery store, you ring a doorbell and whoever's running the meat department will come out and slice upon something for you. I love the idea of using the microphone to get their attention. 

Another bonus! A peek inside a mid-century tiki bar: 





__ 

I took all the screencaps in this post.

Read the Apartment Therapy posts for Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Ladies Man.

Comments