Classic Hollywood Cooking: Natalie Wood's Huevos Ranchero

You guys, I finally did it! I made Natalie Wood's Huevo Ranchero!


It's only been on my New Year's Resolutions list for two years now, and I don't know why the hesitation because I think I'm going to have to make this a breakfast staple. 

Ingredients

Tortillas
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, mashed
1 small chile pepper, chopped (I used a green chile from the taco section at the grocery store)
1 cup of tomatoes, peeled and chopped (the recipe calls for fresh tomatoes, I used canned)
4 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter

The recipe also calls for a half a teaspoon of marjoram but I didn't have any so I just used Italian seasoning. 

Directions

Quickly fry the tortilla in oil and drain it on a piece of paper towel. 

Add the garlic, spices (marjoram, salt and pepper), chile pepper, and tomatoes to the pan. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and flavours blend together. 

Fry your eggs separately or poach them in the tomato sauce. 

To assemble, place an egg on a tortilla and then cover with the tomato sauce. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Archive

Show more