Summer Under the Stars: Jane Powell

Star of the Day: Jane Powell


The Girl Most Likely (1958) - "A girl accepts three wedding proposals at once and dreams of marriage to each man."


gif by me

Jane Powell musicals are like sunshine. They're everything right in the world; jaunty tunes, delightful wardrobes, mid-century production designs, and happy endings. I had so much fun watching her movies on Friday and got a few new-to-me films under my belt. 

The Girl Most Likely is set to become an instant favourite for me (one I have to own on DVD very soon!); but I also enjoyed A Date With Judy, co-starring another favourite, Elizabeth Taylor; and I DVR'd Small Town Girl and Enchanted Island (as much as I'd love to stay up for 24 hours watching Jane Powell movies, I just can't manage it). Love her!

PS. If the plot line of The Girl Most Likely sounds familiar, it's because it's a remake of Tom, Dick and Harry starring Ginger Rogers back in 1941!

Comments

Archive

Show more