Summer Under the Stars: William Holden

Star of the Day: William Holden

Dear Ruth - "A soldier shows up at the doorstep of his romantic pen pal who has no recollection of ever writing him."


How charming was this movie? I loved it so much. As soon as I saw the Summer Under the Stars schedule had been published, I went through the movies that I'd never heard of before and found this and oh my gosh it lived up to the hype I'd set it at. I need to own this one on DVD immediately. 

I'm not sure where William Holden's legacy falls in the greater scope of old Hollywood, but I've always enjoyed his performances. He was consistently good from the start of his career to the end, and I'm glad I got to watch more of his lesser-known (to me, anyway) movies yesterday. 

I also DVR'd Father is a Bachelor and Meet the Stewarts, so I can't wait to get home and watch them both!


Comments

Archive

Show more