Summer Under the Stars: Loretta Young

Star of the Day: Loretta Young

Midnight Mary (1933) - "An abused orphan sinks into a life of crime."

Oh boy, I'd been looking forward to Loretta Young Day all month. I even took a vacation day just so I could watch everything live instead of later on DVR. That being said, I did DVR all the new movies that played overnight, so yay!

Of the movies I watched yesterday in the daytime, I'm spotlighting Midnight Mary in this post because it was fantastic. Loretta Young runs the gamut of emotions and the storyline is tightly woven. It's definitely one I'd watch again and again. 

What I love about Loretta Young is how she taps into her emotions and you can see it all play behind those expressive eyes. She's great in comedies, in dramas, in mysteries: she did it all, and she was a television pioneer. Plus, her autobiography is one of my favourites from Old Hollywood, one I'd definitely recommend if you can find it!

All that to say: I love Loretta Young!

Comments

  1. I love that you took a vacation day to watch Loretta Young! And I'm glad you mentioned enjoying her autobiography. It's one of the many I've had in my collection for years (decades) and never read. I'm definitely going to check it out now -- I appreciate this recommendation so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Archive

Show more