What I Watched in July

An overview of what I watched in July. 

Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number! (1966)


gif by me

Cheesy but just my speed.

Simon and Laura (1955)


gif by me

This was fun and really highlights just how tragic of a loss Kay Kendall's death was. 

The Comic (1969)


gif by me

You know how they say about some actors and actresses in modern movies, 'You look at them and they look like they definitely know what an iPhone is'? Anyways, that's what I think about when I see Dick van Dyke in period films: he definitely knows what TV is, I don't buy him in the silent era. 

The Great Imposter (1961)


gif by me

Tony Curtis has a special sort of charm and it's on full display in The Great Imposter. Plus! A reference to my hometown of Halifax!

Age of Consent (1969)

This is going to make me sound so dumb but I'm saying it anyways: young Helen Mirren was something I just never thought about until I saw it in Age of Consent

The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (1944)

I love screwball comedies, but I just must not have been in the right mood for this when I watched it... 

ALSO WATCHED: 

Road to Singapore (1940)
Road to Zanzibar (1941)
In the French Style (1963)
Christmas in July (1940)
Fitzwilly (1967)
Blond Cheat (1938)
The Greeks Had a Word For Them (1932)
The Thrill of Brazil (1946)
Golden Girl (1951)
The Picasso Summer (1969)

Comments

Archive

Show more