Summer Under the Stars: Fred MacMurray

Summer Under the Stars: Fred MacMurray

The Egg and I (1947): "Newlywed city slickers decide to give country life a try as chicken farmers."


gif by me

The way I'd have shrieked if my husband bought a chicken farm without telling me. (So many of Fred MacMurray's films have me feeling this way, I just... am not a fan.)

And oh my God, the way he doesn't even bother to go back to the city to try and explain the situation, he just STAYS AT THE GOD DAMN FARM ALL THAT TIME LETTING HER RETURN HER LETTERS UNOPENED BECAUSE HE'S GOT TOO MUCH PRIDE? YOU COULDN'T HAVE DONE THINGS LESS SHADILY SO THAT SHE WOULDN'T THINK YOU'RE CHEATING ON HER WITH THE HOT FARM GIRL? 

This is why I'll never be a Fred MacMurray fan. His characters annoy and enrage me. 

Comments

Archive

Show more