Summer Under the Stars: Jose Ferrer

Star of the Day: Jose Ferrer

Moulin Rouge (1952): "French painter Toulouse-Lautrec fights to find love despite his physical limitations."


gif by me

Fun fact: I saw this on my TV guide like, 20+ years ago (what is time, amirite?) and thought it was the 2001 musical and got so mad when I sat myself down to watch this that I turned off my television when I realized my mistake. Anyways, here I stand all these years later ready to watch. I'll do a separate paragraph on my thoughts, this is just me spitballing while I get this post prepped before the movie starts.

Okay, me again. I definitely liked the vibes of this movie. The costumes and production design were great. Definitely makes me want to go to Paris and the Moulin Rouge. And I can't get over Jose Ferrer's voice. The man should've narrated every audiobook.

Comments

Archive

Show more