Summer Under the Stars: Jeanne Crain

Star of the Day: Jeanne Crain

Twenty Plus Two (1961): "When a Hollywood secretary is found murdered, a detective is hired to investigate the murder."

A few years ago I had a tongue-in-cheek New Year's Resolution to learn the difference between Jeanne Crain and Jean Simmons (and Ann Blyth, Anne Rutherford and Ann Sothern, though we'll save that for another Summer Under the Stars year) and I considered it completed because I could tell who Jean Simmons was. She'd been in a few good movies I'd seen that year, so of course I could figure out who she was. Then I remarked that I still couldn't identify Jeanne Crain. 

So when I saw she was on the Summer Under the Stars line-up, I decided to dedicate myself to the cause. I DVR'd Twenty Plus Two, The Tattered Dress, Pinky and Margie. So far I've watched only Twenty Plus Two and The Tattered Dress and really enjoyed them both. There's an elegance and a sexiness to Jeanne Crain. I'm looking forward to watching Pinky and Margie soon!

Comments

Archive

Show more