What I Watched in July

An overview of what I watched in July.

Week-End in Havana (1941)


gif by me

Honestly, sign me up for all of these '40s travel-themed musicals. This was a dang delight.

Belle de Jour (1967)


What I wouldn't do for an Yves Saint Laurent wardrobe (not become the 'Belle de Jour').

My Reputation (1946)


gif by me

If more people minded their business we'd be better off. Also, shout out that her name was Jessica!

A Matter of Resistance (La Vie de château) (1966)


gif by me

I loved how funny this one was despite the darkness of their location (occupied France on the eve of D-Day). 

Bus Riley's Back in Town (1965)


gif by me

The best thing about this one was Ann-Margret, followed closely by the production design.

The Damned Don't Cry (1950)

I'd watch Joan Crawford in anything, apparently.

ALSO WATCHED:

Reaching for the Moon (1930)
A Girl, A Guy and a Gob (1941)
Rumba (1935)
It's a Date (1940)
The Woman in the Red Boots (La Femme aux bottes rouges) (1974)
The Strip (1951)
Make Way for a Lady (1936)
Shanghai Express (1932)

Comments

Archive

Show more