31 Days of Oscar: Bound for Glory

I've been trying to find this movie for years, just because it's the last Best Picture nominee from 1976 that I haven't seen, and finally!

gif by me

As far as biopics go, it is one, so that's good. David Carradine is good but I wasn't blown away watching this. I think the most notable thing about this movie is that it's the first movie to make use of a steadicam, so that's neat! 

Nominations: Best Picture, Best Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium (Robert Getchell based on the book by Woody Guthrie), Best Original Song Score and Its Adaptation or Adaptation Score (Leonard Rosenman), Best Costume Design (William Ware Theiss), Best Cinematography (Haskell Wexler), Best Film Editing (Robert C. Jones and Pembroke J. Herring)

Won: Best Original Song Score and Its Adaptation or Adaptation Score, Best Cinematography

Comments

Archive

Show more