31 Days of Oscars: Little Women

For some reason Beth's the youngest in this one? 


source unknown

I think that's my only complaint: that Beth and Amy have been swapped, but they must've really wanted Elizabeth Taylor and Margaret O'Brien for those roles and were willing to rewrite the story to make it happen. 

If I'm ranking this against Little Women adaptations, then I think that in terms of casting this one's up there. Greta Gerwig's still has the best interpretation of Amy; the 1994 one has the best Jo (I can't see June Allyson as Jo, sorry); I love this version of Meg; and Claire Danes is the best Beth. 

Nominations: Best Art Direction-Set Decoration – Color (Cedric Gibbons, Paul Groesse, Edwin B. Willis and Jack D. Moore), Best Cinematography – Color (Robert H. Planck and Charles Schoenbaum)

Won: Best Art Direction-Set Decoration – Color

Comments

Archive

Show more