Inside Dodie's House (The Girl Most Likely)

Let's take a look inside Jane Powell's bedroom in one of her final films. 

gif by me

The Girl Most Likely centres around Dodie, a young woman who lives in a seaside town in California, who dreams of a fancy life. It's a musical remake of the Ginger Rogers comedy Tom, Dick and Harry with Jane Powell in the lead role. 


She lives with her parents and younger sister, and their typical mid-century home includes the modern amenities like television and a sunken living room. 


And a mish-mash of décor. 


I spy a rotary phone!


Here's our one glimpse of the kitchen with its white cupboards and gingham wallpaper. 


A very narrow hallway upstairs where the bedrooms are. 


But don't worry, Jane's room is large and impossibly pink! 


I'm convinced that I need a vanity. It looks so luxurious to have one. 


This is such a beautiful bedroom. 


So much pale pink and blue, I love it!


And here's the back porch, perfect to sing your wistful, lovelorn songs into the California night. 

__

I took all the screencaps in this post.

Comments