Summer Under the Stars: Bonita Granville
Star of the Day: Bonita Granville
My Bill (1938): "An impoverished widow fights scandal for the sake of her four children."
![]() |
| gif by me |
I picked this one for Kay Francis. There's something about these 'cartoonishly evil family members piling on the saintly figure getting their comeuppance in the third act' films that scratch an itch I have. This was more saccharine than moustache-twirling (it's not a Pre-Code, after all); but it's still a satisfying watch.
Also solidifies that I'm glad I never had kids because the three oldest children (including a delightful Bonita Granville) are absolute pills, and unlike Kay Francis, I'd have had no issue telling them this. Especially the dweeb son who thinks he's entitled to know about the family finances and views not being able to buy a tie as the ultimate tragedy.
__
Log line from IMDb


Comments
Post a Comment