Summer Under the Stars: Rosalind Russell

Star of the Day: Rosalind Russell


The Velvet Touch (1948): "A Broadway star unintentionally kills her impresario but keeps mum about it after the police investigator targets a rival actress."

via IMDb

My conscience could never. I feel guilty eating the last handful of potato chips if I'm snacking with friends.

I quite enjoyed The Velvet Touch, even though reading contemporary reviews afterwards makes it sound like the ending was telegraphed (of course it was) and how that made for a lesser film, but this is Rosalind Russell we're talking about; you watch her because you know she's got the talent to deliver a superior performance even if the script is bad!

I recorded a few other films that I need to watch later, including The Casino Murder Case (1935) and Night Must Fall (1937) but this film called to me when I was trying to determine which one to use as a Ros spotlight. I feel like I chose well!

__ 

Log line from IMDb

Comments

Archive

Show more