Summer Under the Stars: Cary Grant
Star of the Day: Cary Grant
Indiscreet (1958): "An actress who has given up on love meets a suave banker and begins a flirtation with him—although he's already married."
| via cinemaspast |
I mistakenly logged this years ago on Letterboxd, but upon further investigation, I'd never actually seen it. Easy choice for me on Cary Grant Day, then, because the only other new-to-me film was Destination Tokyo and it sounds boring compared to Cary and Ingrid Bergman reunited on the big screen.
This was fun! Charming! Elegant! Two titans going toe-to-toe in comedy, romance, and drama, light espionage, subterfuge... The costumes were gorgeous; the setting magnificent; the production design top notch. The directing?! Who doesn't love a Stanley Donen film! (Definitely not me!)
Cary Grant was such a suave actor who left behind a tremendous legacy of great performances. It's a marvel that I'm still discovering such great films at this stage of the game, having seen 50 of his films at this point.
I must own Indiscreet on DVD!
__
Log line from IMDb

Comments
Post a Comment