Summer Under the Stars: Robert Redford
Star of the Day: Robert Redford
Legal Eagles (1986): "A New York district attorney works and flirts with his adversary and her kooky artist client, who is on trial for a murder she didn't commit."
![]() |
| gif by me |
Redford. The man, the myth, the legend. I didn't appreciate him enough in my younger days, but now I'm all aboard the Redford train. Handsome, obviously, and oh-so-talented. What a tremendous loss.
This was entertaining enough, but wacky as well, in a way that was distracting. It felt like it wanted to be three different movies and succeeded at none of them.
As an aside, I have yet to successfully type the words Legal Eagles without my fingers getting 'tongue-tied', except of course for just now because I was trying to prove a point.
As a further aside, when I first saw Darryl Hannah all I could think about was how they basically assassinated her character in Love Story, that JFK Jr. show; I feel so terrible for her that so many people aren't going to look her up and take that Ryan Murphy show as gospel, and I say this as someone who usually enjoys his output.
__
Log line from IMDb


Comments
Post a Comment