Summer Under the Stars: Goldie Hawn

Star of the Day: Goldie Hawn


There's a Girl in My Soup (1970) - A womanizing TV star meets his match in an independent teenager.

Goldie hawn GIF - Find on GIFER

Man, I picked wrong for Goldie Hawn's day. Totally wrong wrong wrong. This movie was TERRIBLE! First off, Peter Sellers is a serial womanizer with women several decades younger than him, and Goldie's playing a teenager, so it's extra gross. I guess the only redeeming part of this movie is how she fleeces him at the end, just when he's finally found someone to love? But the guy she goes back to is also such a jerk. 

I love Goldie's effervescent personality. She's totally magnetic on the screen, and I love her in Catcus Flower and Butterflies Are Free, but man. This movie. No. 

Comments

Archive

Show more