Summer Under the Stars: Olivia de Havilland

Star of the Day: Olivia de Havilland


The Male Animal (1942) - A college professor fights censorship and an amorous football player who's after his wife.


Sweet Liv. I'm glad they devoted a day to her during Summer Under the Stars (even if it came at the expense of Bette Davis), and I'm glad there were a few new-to-me movies on the line-up including The Male Animal: a zig-zagging tale of love, past love and censorship all rolled into a homecoming weekend storyline. 

I've made no secret about my love for Olivia de Havilland. Risk taker, rule breaker, Oscar winner, bad ass and a lady we were lucky to have for 104 years. I hope you all enjoyed her day (I also watched Light in the Piazza, Captain Blood, part of Dodge City; and I have The Heiress, To Each His Own, and Hard to Get saved on the DVR). 

Comments

Archive

Show more