Summer Under the Stars: Nina Foch

Star of the Day: Nina Foch


Executive Suite (1954) - When a business magnate dies, his board of directors fights over who should run the company.

Nina Foch Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

Nina Foch, though I'd seen An American in Paris, is one of the few names on this year's Summer Under the Stars schedule, that is a virtual unknown to me (the others were Diana Dors and Alain Delon). I watched Catch McCall and Executive Suite today and I think she was a strong character actor. 

Executive Suite drew me in on the strength of its cast: William Holden, Fredric March, Barbara Stanwyck, June Allyson... talk about a stacked deck! The premise, though simple, was also very well done: the head of a company dies and the movie is spent following the men who could be voted to take over from him.

I was guessing up until the last minute, and (no spoilers!) was very happy with who they chose. At first though, I was convinced I'd seen this before, but then I remembered that was Woman's World (also from 1954, also co-starring June Allyson), which is another movie I'd recommend, if only to watch the always awesome Lauren Bacall.

Comments

Archive

Show more